Fiber Powering the Nation
“With the declaration of its sustainability commitment, Converge has set on a journey to pursue further growth on a triple bottom line approach where it does not only care about its financial performance but also its social and environmental impact.
Looking to the future, Converge is committed to making investments that can create sustainable value and impact in the long term.”
– Amando Tetangco Jr.
Independent Director and Board Risk Oversight Committee Chairman
“As we build a future-ready company, sustainability is at the core of our strategy. We fulfill our mission of connecting the unserved and underserved areas in the country with the needs of the Filipino people and protection of the environment in mind.
As a fast-growing company, we will always look for new and emerging opportunities that can drive transformative, sustainable, and long-term growth.”
– Dennis Anthony Uy
CEO and Co-Founder of Converge
“We are gearing up to meet world-class economic, environmental, social, and governance standards that will prove our sustainability commitments are not just lip service. We believe that a good business is one that creates a meaningful impact on the communities we serve.
We have put in place our sustainability organization and outlined our road map towards achieving our ESG targets that are aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We will continue to be vigilant in balancing company growth with our commitment to create a sustainable and prosperous future for all.”
– Grace Y. Uy
President and Co-Founder of Converge
We plan to build on our efforts by working towards these commitments and goals to fulfill our mission to provide internet for all. Our goals and commitments will continue to evolve as we listen to and collaborate with our partners and communities.
Sustainability Governance Structure
We have established committees and groups that influence the decisions and actions we take with respect to sustainability, and their corresponding responsibilities:
Board Risk Oversight Committee
- Oversees the development and implementation of a Sustainability Strategy and Plan, which will include strategies, policies, and practices that assist the Company in addressing public and stakeholder sentiment, the implementation of which creates value consistent with the long-term preservation and enhancement of stakeholder value in the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) areas including, in particular, climate change risks
- Oversees the preparation of an Annual Sustainability Report, as required by regulations, and reviews and approves this report
- Ensures the Company’s support and alignment on best practices on ESG and Sustainability Plan based on applicable standards
- Reviews the effectiveness of the system for monitoring non-financial and operational compliance matters that impact sustainability
- Communicates the importance of sustainability throughout the organization
- Provides overall guidance and governance in establishing and executing the sustainability strategy, including the relevant topics to the appropriate business unit partner
- Regularly reviews our sustainability performance and strategies
Sustainability Core Team
- Defines and monitors sustainability key performance indicators and initiatives
- Sets sustainability strategy in collaboration with the Sustainability Business Unit Partners (e.g. roadmap definition and execution, program management)
- Writes the Sustainability Report, including the compilation of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) data and other information
Sustainability Business Unit Partners
- Provides KPI targets, actual KPI data, and specific action plans for sustainability reporting
- Executes action plans and reports the progress to the Sustainability Core Team and/or Sustainability Council
Audit and Related Party Transactions Committee
- Oversees internal controls over sustainability reporting
- Oversees Internal Audit function in the provision of independent assurance over ESG disclosures
- Reviews reporting metrics for relevancy, accuracy, timeliness and consistency
- Reviews reporting for consistency with formal financial disclosure filings
- Conducts materiality or risk assessments on ESG reporting
- Incorporates ESG into regular audit plans