Fiber Powering the Nation
“With the declaration of its sustainability commitment, Converge has set on a journey to pursue further growth on a triple bottom line approach where it does not only care about its financial performance but also its social and environmental impact.
Looking to the future, Converge is committed to making investments that can create sustainable value and impact in the long term.”
– Amando Tetangco Jr.
Independent Director and Board Risk Oversight Committee Chairman
“As we build a future-ready company, sustainability is at the core of our strategy. We fulfill our mission of connecting the unserved and underserved areas in the country with the needs of the Filipino people and protection of the environment in mind.
As a fast-growing company, we will always look for new and emerging opportunities that can drive transformative, sustainable, and long-term growth.”
– Dennis Anthony Uy
CEO and Co-Founder of Converge
“We are gearing up to meet world-class economic, environmental, social, and governance standards that will prove our sustainability commitments are not just lip service. We believe that a good business is one that creates a meaningful impact on the communities we serve.
We have put in place our sustainability organization and outlined our road map towards achieving our ESG targets that are aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We will continue to be vigilant in balancing company growth with our commitment to create a sustainable and prosperous future for all.”
– Grace Y. Uy
President and Co-Founder of Converge
“The landscape of sustainability development is rapidly evolving, accompanied by altering stakeholder expectations. At Converge, we firmly commit to proactively managing our impacts on the economy, environment, and society, guided by a strong sense of responsibility. Simultaneously, we maintain unwavering dedication to bridging the digital divide by delivering connectivity to the unserved and underserved communities.”
– Benjamin Rex Emilio Azada
Executive Vice President and Chief Sustainability Officer
We plan to build on our efforts by working towards these commitments and goals to fulfill our mission to provide internet for all. Our goals and commitments will continue to evolve as we listen to and collaborate with our partners and communities
Sustainability Governance Structure
Roles and Responsibilities of the Key Parties
Our governance structure contains four levels, the board’s oversight level, the top management’s supervisory level, the business unit’s execution level and the independent internal audit level.
Board Risk Oversight Committee
- Oversees the development and implementation of Sustainability Strategy and Plan
- Oversees strategies designed to respond to sustainability-related (including climate) risks and opportunities
- Reviews and approves the Sustainability Report
- Ensures the Company’s sustainability plan and support are aligned with best practices and applicable authoritative international instruments, local and international laws, regulations and standards
- Ensures that sustainability-related and climate-related risks and opportunities are taken into consideration when making investment decisions (for example, plans for capital expenditure, major acquisitions and divestments, joint ventures, business transformation, innovation, new business areas, and asset retirements)
- Reviews the effectiveness of the system for monitoring non-financial and operational compliance matters that impact sustainability
- Receives and reviews reports from Internal Audit on the Company’s sustainability programs and reporting
- Appoint and oversee the work of a qualified external assurance provider to deliver independent third-party assurance of the Company’s sustainability reports
- Communicates the importance of sustainability throughout the organization
- Provides overall guidance and governance in establishing and executing the sustainability strategy
- Reviews the sustainability performance and strategies regularly
- Review and address conflicts or dilemmas arising from differing expectations regarding material topics.
Sustainability Core Team
- Headed by the Chief Sustainability Officer
- Sets sustainability strategy in collaboration with the Sustainability Business Unit Partners
- Recommends and monitors sustainability Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and initiatives, and regularly reports the performance results to the BROC
- Compiles the Sustainability Report
Sustainability Business Unit Partners
- Provides KPI targets, actual KPI data, and specific action plans for sustainability reporting
- Executes action plans and reports the progress to the Sustainability Core Team and/or Sustainability Council
- Oversees internal controls over sustainability reporting
- Monitors Internal Audit function in the provision of independent assurance over sustainability disclosures
- Reviews any financial statement impacts of sustainability risks and commitments
- Reviews reporting metrics for relevance, accuracy, timeliness and consistency
- Reviews sustainability reporting for consistency with formal financial disclosure filings
- Reviews materiality or risk assessments on sustainability reporting
- Incorporates sustainability into regular audit plans